According to two fellow bloggers, I AM versatile. Trixfred30 of www.happinessstanliveshere.wordpress.com and Erica of www.myadventuresinchaos.wordpress.com both nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award. I’m very honored & I always appreciate it when people I don’t know like the blog. I figure my friends & family have to. Except my dad. His response to the blog was, “My beautiful, intelligent grandchildren do not say crud.” I’m glad I didn’t go with my original title of “Crap My Kids Say.”
So the rules of the Versatile Blogger award…
RULE #1: List 7 Random Facts About Yourself:
1. I ignore the dental hygienist when she tells me I can’t have hot liquids for 6 hours after my fluoride treatment. Meet Mr. Medium Black Coffee, sister!
2. I love Villanova basketball for the most random of reasons. I never went to Villanova. But a former boss assumed I did, told several people I did & when I interviewed with one of those people, I got the job. So you see kids? You never know where your interests will lead you.
3. I have left the house on occasion wearing a shirt that reads, “I’m Big on the Pig.” ‘Cause that’s how I roll.
4. My dad may not be technologically savvy, but he sends me a valentine every year. The two have nothing to do with each other. I just think it’s sweet. And I know I’ll get at least one valentine this year.
5. My dishwasher flashes the word “Ho” over & over again about halfway through it’s cycle. At Christmas I figured it was just getting into the spirit. Now I’m starting to get offended.
6. I’m the Cookie Mom for 2 Girl Scout troops. Condolences can be sent via email.
7. I love that my mechanic shop leaves mints on the seat of my car after they work on it.
RULE #2: Nominate 15 Other Blogs.
1. http://notnowhoneymommyhastoblog.com/ – In the interest of full disclosure, the author is a friend of mine. She’s about the funniest woman I’ve ever know. Her haikus are legendary and be sure to read her ode to an elliptical machine.
2. www.chickswithticks.wordpress.com – A celebration of the outdoors from women who love to be there. It’s also a way to feed The Girl’s fascination with bugs without actually having to touch them.
3. The OCD Diaries – www.billbrenner1970.wordpress.com – Another friend but a great read nonetheless. Bill looks his own battles with mental illness & addiction square in the eye & says, “Screw you.” Lots of heavy metal, attitude & love go into this every day.
4. www.cassandrawasright.wordpress.com – Random rants from a blogger who is mad as hell & not going to take it anymore.
5. www.awondrouslife.com – Even in the ordinary, life can be extraordinary.
6. www.crampmystyle.wordpress.com – Funny, nostalgic… just good.
7. Blank Stares and Blank Pages – http://jeremiahgraves.wordpress.com/ – So random…. anger at airlines, underwear as weather-stripping, general douchebaggery. I love it.
8. http://gokartracer.wordpress.com/ – Another disclosure… this is my niece and I love that she’s out there doing this & talking about her passion for racing. Dear World: You’ve been warned. Keep your eye on this girl. She’s going to go far.
9. http://susartandfood.wordpress.com/ – I’m no cook. The Ex used to be a chef so I’m just finding my way around the kitchen. This blog has great recipes… served with a slice of life.
10. www.thespotts.wordpress.com – Spotts in the Valley of the Sun – Warm & wonderful.
11. Sarah Smiles Awhile – http://sarahpalma.wordpress.com/ – Newly married and adorable (although I somehow think she would hate being called that), Sarah is warm & witty. I love her post on living in Grenada.
12. Kari’s Photoblog – http://karinemily.wordpress.com/ – I love when someone can see something beautiful in the everyday. It reminds me to try to do the same every day.
13. http://www.chicagonow.com/mary-tyler-mom/2012/01/social-media-101-my-barbie-mea-culpa/ – Mary Tyler Mom – I’m in love with this name… but more so, I love that she talks openly & candidly about her daughter’s cancer. I love this post about what happened when she shared her opinion of the Bald Barbie “Movement.”
14. http://365daysofphotosbyclare.wordpress.com/ – Another beauty in the everyday forum… but the extreme close ups & angles she uses make the photos almost surreal… looking forward to the next 343 days.
15. http://ayearwithsimpleabundance.blogspot.com/ – My mom gave me this book, Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach about 100 years ago. I dusted it off at the beginning of the new year in an attempt to live more simply and thereby more abundantly. I figured this new year was the perfect time for it with all the changes that happened during 2011.
So thank you again. Don’t tell anyone I said that it’s humbling to receive this. I’d hate for my surly reputation to be ruined.